The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination conducted by 11 National Law Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M).
The 11 participating NLUs in the order of their establishment are:
* National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU).
* NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR).
* National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU).
* The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS).
* National Law University, Jodhpur(NLU).
* Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU).
* Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU).
* Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU).
* Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL).
* Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU).
* National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS).
5 year integrated BA/B.Sc/B Psc/ BBA/ BCom LL.B (Hons) Degree Course, Two Year LL.M Degree Course
To be eligible to appear for CLAT-2011, a candidate should have passed his/her Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability).~ Candidates who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.° Age of candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of General/OBC candidates (22 years in case of SC/ST and persons with Disability)~ as on 1st July, 2011.
To be eligible for appearing in CLAT-2011 a candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability)
- The Brochure along with OMR Application Form will be sold at Rs. 150/- from different post offices throughout India and at the eleven National Law Universities.
- Request for OMR Application Form along with Brochure can also be made by sending a Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque/ Pay order of Rs. 200/- in favour of “WBNUJS-CLAT A/C” payable at Kolkata to Convenor, Common Law Admission Test, CLAT-2011, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Dr. Ambedkar Bhawan, 12, L.B. Block, Sector – III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 098.
Duly filled OMR application form along with Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque/ Pay order of Rs. 2500/- (Rs. 2000/- for SC/ST candidates) in favour of “WBNUJS-CLAT A/C”, payable at Kolkata and necessary documents as mentioned in the OMR application form and on CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) can be submitted from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on all working days and upto 5:00 p.m. on 2 April 2011 to the Convenor, CLAT-2011 either in person or sent through registered post to the below mentioned address so as to reach on or before 2 April 2011.
Common Law Admission Test, CLAT-2011
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata,
Dr. Ambedkar Bhawan, 12 L.B. Block, Sector – III, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata 700 098.
Important dates for CLAT – 2011:
* Publication of advertisement in leading English/Hindi national daily Newspapers
1st week of January, 2011
Last week of February, 2011
* Issue of application forms from all CLAT -2011 participating universities and specified branches of Indian Post Offices from – 11 January, 2011 (Tuesday)
* Last Date for submission of filled-in entrance examination application forms – 2 April 2011 (Saturday)
* Issue of Hall Tickets to the candidates from – 12 April, 2011 (Tuesday)
* Date of Admissions test for UG/PG – 15 May 2011(Sunday) (3.00 P.M. – 5.00 P.M)
* Publication of result – 28 May 2011 (Saturday)
* Last date of acceptance and confirmation of interest in admission by depositing money in bank – To be notified later
* Completion of admission process – 28 June, 2011 (Tuesday)
* Commencement of classes – 1 July, 2011 (Friday)
Tele (033) 2335-0534/2335-7379/2335-0765
Fax (033) 2335-0511