Vacancies for the posts of Teaching Posts, Misc. Teaching Posts and Non-Teaching posts for the year 2010-11
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi – 1100602
Tele: 26858570, 26569515, FAX No.26514179
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, henceforth mentioned as KVS, is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. The KVS intends to recruit Officers, teaching and non-teaching staff for its Offices/schools spread all over India. Applications are invited in the prescribed format (Annexure-I) from the Indian Nationals for filling up the vacancies in the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan for the year – 2010-11.
Eligibility for the Examination:
(i) The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility condition(s).
(ii) Mere issue of Admit Card to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the KVS.
(iii) The KVS takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified for interview/personality Test.
Last Date: 12th October, 2009
1. Candidates must send application by ordinary post since applications sent by Regd. Post/Speed Post/Courier are not accepted at Post Box address. The KVS will not be responsible for applications sent at any other address (including KVS office) or sent by hand or otherwise. Candidates are advised to send the application well in advance to avoid any postal delay.
2. However, in respect of candidates residing abroad or in certain remote localities specified in para 6 of this notice the last date for receipt of application by post shall be 19th October, 2009.
Mode of payment of Examination Fee:-
1. For applying to the aforesaid posts, candidates are advised to remit Rs.1,000/- for Officers post and Rs.750/- for other posts through electronic transfer into Account No.405046333 with the Indian Bank, Mehrauli Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110016 (Branch Code : 943).
For remittance of fee through electronic mode, candidates have to visit the nearest branch of the Indian Bank, alongwith prescribed Challan. The sample copy of the challan is appended alongwith this advertisement and can also be downloaded from KVS’s Website. The candidates have to fill in the Challan and deposit the same in the Bank along with requisite fee in any branch of Indian Bank. THE WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE EXEMPTED FROM PAYING THE FEE.
2. One copy of Challan duly signed and stamped alongwith Deposit Journal Number should be collected from the bank for filling up necessary details in the application form. The Challan received from the Bank should also be attached with the application form in original.
In addition to fee, the Indian Bank will charge Rs.30/- as “Service charge” for transferring the fee through electronic mode i.e. the candidates should remit FEE+Rs.30/- (Rs.1030/- for Officers’ cadre and Rs.780/- for other posts).
3. The fee can also be transferred from any Bank other than the Indian Bank. If fee is transferred through any other Bank other than the Indian Bank, the following particulars are to be provided to the remitting Banker:
§ Bank : Indian Bank
§ Branch : Mehrauli Institutional Area,
§ IFSC Code : IDIB000M089
§ Beneficiary Name : Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
§ Account No. : 405046333.
4. The candidate must ensure that the Challan/Counter Foil/Cash Receipt Voucher/Pay-in slip of the Bank consists of the following details:
§ Remitting Bank Name
§ Remitting Branch Name
§ Candidate Name
§ UTR No. and Date
5. However, such candidates will have to collect proforma of Challan/Counter Foil/Cash Receipt Voucher/Pay-in Slip from the respective Bank, since every bank has a different proforma. The proforma provided by the Bank should be filled in properly and deposited alongwith fees.The copy of Challan/Counter foil/Cash Receipt Voucher/Pay-in Slip duly signed and stamped alongwith Deposit Journal No./ UTR No. should be collected from the Bank for filling up necessary details in the application form. The Challan/Counter foil/Cash Receipt Voucher/Pay-in Slip received from the Bank should be attached with the application form in original.
6. In addition, those candidates who are unable to deposit the requisite fee through electronic mode, may send fee by way of Demand Draft (valid for a period of 6 months) in favour of “Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan” payable at New Delhi. On the back side of the Demand Draft the candidates are advised to write their name, date of birth, address and post applied for in capital letters. Before collecting the demand draft from the Bank, the candidates are advised to check the following:
- The date of issue is correctly mentioned.
- The signature of bank authorities exists on the Bank Draft.
- The address of issuing bank and branch code is correctly mentioned.
- The amount of examination fee is correctly mentioned in words and figures,
- The draft is payable in favour of ‘Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan’ at New Delhi,
- The draft is valid for six months, etc.
7. Candidates are advised to keep photocopy of the above details viz. Demand Draft/Challan/Counter foil/Cash Receipt Voucher/Pay-in Slip with them for reference.
Written Test/Skill Test/Interview:
For the post of Principal there will be two papers; first paper (objective type) General Awareness (40), Child Psychology (35), Education Methodology (35), Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and Data Sufficiency (40) and paper two: Bilingual competence-(objective) (50), Written communication skill (subjective) (50),Subjective/Descriptive (100).
(b). The written examination will be objective type for other Non-Teaching Posts. Paper-I (General Paper) will be containing 100 objective type questions with four multiple choice answers in the subject like General English (20), General Hindi (20), General Knowledge (20), Quantitative Aptitude (20) and Reasoning (20). The duration of the paper will be 2 hours. For the post of Assistant the objective type examination will be followed by a descriptive examination of 3 hours duration, i.e., paper-II containing in English and Hindi languages to test the subject competency of candidates. For the post of UDC, LDC, the candidates qualifying in the objective type examination will be required to appear for a practical test, i.e., Paper-II/II/III/IV and II, III respectively consisting computer operation test, typing test the date and time will be intimated separately to the short listed candidates.
i) For Teaching and Misc. teaching post the 1st paper which is meant for screening of candidates shall have two parts. The first part will consist of objective type questions covering areas viz., General Knowledge, English Language Skill, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Current Affairs, Education, General Science and Indian Constitution etc. This will carry 50% marks.
ii) The Second part will consist of objective type questions on the subject offered by the candidates for selection. This will be also 50% marks.
iii) The 2nd paper meant for evaluation of language competence will be of qualifying in nature. However, the candidate will be expected to obtain 20% marks in English & Hindi separately as well as minimum 33% in this paper as a whole in order to qualify the test.
iv) The 3rd paper shall be subject paper containing long and short answer questions pertaining to subject/post for which a candidate has applied. The questions may be recall type questions to test the conceptual understanding of the topics. A few questions on drawing interpretations from given raw data and some situational questions may also be asked to test the analytical ability and intelligence of the candidates.
v) It is essential for all candidates to appear at all the examinations as per above details. In case a candidate is found absent in any of the tests his/her answer sheet will not be evaluated. For the evaluation purpose no negative marking will be given. The detailed scheme of examination is as under
EXAMINATION FEES / APPLICATION FEE :
1. Candidates will have to pay along with his /her application a non refundable application fee of Rs.1,000/- for Officer cadres and Rs.750/- for Teaching and Non-Teaching Posts either by Demand Draft only in favour of ‘KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN’ payable at New Delhi OR through Electronics Banking in accordance with the instructions as given under:-
a. THE CANDIDATES CAN REMIT FEE ELECTRONICALLY IN TO THE DESIGNATED ACCOUNT OF KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN MAINTAINED WITH THE INDIAN BANK THROUGH ANY SCHEDULED BANK BRANCH WITH NEFT FACILITY ( National Electronic Fund Transfer). Candidates are advised to remit through Indian Bank wherever possible.
b. SINCE IT IS ELECTRONIC TRANSFER, THE CANDIDATES SHOULD CAREFULLY FILL THE BANK CHALLANS AND IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CANDIDATES TO ENSURE PROPER TRANSFER.
c. Fee payable is Rs.780/- and Rs.1,030/- including Electronic Transfer charges (fee of KVS + Rs.30/-towards bank charges) as the case may be.
d. If paying through Indian bank, the designated challan may be used. The challan consists of required details. The challan is given in the advertisement which can also be downloaded as available in this site.
e. If paying through a Bank other than the Indian Bank the following particulars are to be provided to the remitting bankers.
i. Bank: Indian Bank
ii. Branch: Mehrauli Institutional Area, New Delhi
iii. IFSC Code: IDIB000M089
iv Beneficiary Name: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
v. Account No.: 405046333.
f. The candidates MUST ENSURE that the counter foil of the bank consists of the following details.
a. Remitting Bank Name:
b. Remitting Branch name:
d. Candidate Name:
e. UTR No. & Date
|S.No.||Post Name||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||POST GRADUATE TEACHERS (COMPUTER SCIENCE)||16|
|2.||TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS||202|
|4.||PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER||23|
|7.||WORK EXPERIENCE TEACHER (ELECTRICAL GADGET AND ELECTRONICS)||30|
|11.||UPPER DIVISION CLERK||40|
|12.||LOWER DIVISION CLERK||95|
|13.||STAFF CAR DRIVER||01|
More Details Visit: www.kvsangathan.nic.in/
Download Application Form: