Series OSS Code No. 76
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks
(i) Answer any five of the following questions.
(ii) Questions No. 1 and 2 are compulsory.
(iii) All questions carry equal marks.
1. Write in notation, the pallavi and anupallavi of any Tyagaraja Kriti you have learnt.
2. Give lakshanas of any two of the following ragas
3. How are Janya ragas classified in Karnataka Music ? Explain the Varja raga system giving two illustrations. 6
4.Describe the evolution of the musical form “Tiruppugal”. 6
5. Elaborate Annamacharya’s contribution to Karnataka Music. 6
6. Mention the musical instruments used in a concert and explain any one of them. 6
7. Mention the importance of the grantha “Sangita Sampradaya Pradarsini.” 6
8. Explain any three of the following in not more than ten lines each : 6
(i) Bhashanga raga
(ii) Upanga raga