Series OSS Code No. 194
OFFICE PRACTICE AND SECRETARYSHIP
(Common to Office Secretaryship, Stenography, Accounting & Auditing)
(Theory) Paper I
Time Allowed : 2 Hours Maximum Marks : 30
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks for questions are indicated against each of them.
(iii) Questions number 1 to 10 are short answer type questions carrying one mark each. Answers to these should not normally exceed 30 words each.
(iv) Questions number 11 to 15 are short answer type questions of three marks each. Answers to these should not normally exceed 70 words each.
(v) Question number 16 is a long answer type question of five marks. Its answer should not normally exceed 150 words.
(vi) Answers should be brief and to the point.
1. What is meant by Inward Mail ? 1
2. State any two advantages of window envelope. 1
3. Define Filing. 1
4. What is meant by weeding of old records ? 1
5. State any two important objectives of mechanising office work.
6. What for is stencil duplicator used ?
7. Briefly explain the use of Facsimile in an office.
8. What is Telegraphy ?
9. Write any two duties of a Secretary before convening a meeting.
10. Give any two differences between Motion and Resolution.
11. Explain any three differences between ‘Registered Packets’ and ‘Insured Packets’.
12. Explain the relationship between ‘Filing’ and ‘Indexing’.
13. Explain in brief the utility of the following machines
(i) Accounting machine
(ii) Folding machine
(iii) Photo-copying machine
14. What is Telex ? Differentiate between Telex and Teleprinter.
15. Explain the meaning of
(ii) Casting Vote
(iii) Minutes of the proceedings of a meeting 3
16. What are the differences between ‘Annual General Meeting’ and an ‘Emergency Meeting’ of an organisation ? Explain. 5
What is meant by an ‘Agenda’ of a meeting ? Draft an Agenda for a meeting with imaginary details. 5