Series OSS Code No. 63
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks 70
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Answers should be brief and to the point.
(iii) Marks for each question are indicated against it.
(iv) Questions No. 1 - 10 in Part A are Learning Checks type questions carrying 1 mark each. You are required to answer them as directed.
(v) Questions No. 11 - 16 in Part B are very short answer type questions carrying 2 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 30 words.
(vi) Questions No. 17-20 in Part C are short answer type-I questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 60 words.
(vii) Questions No. 21-26 in Part D are short answer type-II questions carrying 4 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 100 words.
(viii) Questions No. 27-28 in Part E are long answer type questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 200 words.
1. An individual having sudden and temporary , fluctuation consciousness that blots out painful experiences is showing signs of 1
(a) Panic disorder
(b) Mood disorder
(c) Conversion disorder
(d) Dissociative disorder
2. The initial step in the listening process is 1
(a) Attention to stimulus
(b) Reception of stimulus
(c) Paraphrasing of sentences
(d) Assignment of meaning
3. In __________ form of defense mechanism, the person tries to make unreasonable behaviour seem reasonable and acceptable.
4. Individual’s reaction to external stressors is called 1
5. Ability to use past experiences creatively to solve novel problems is known as
(a) Musical intelligence
(b) Interpersonal intelligence
(c) Experiential intelligence
(d) Contextual intelligence
6. Dream interpretation and __________ are two important methods of eliciting intrapsychic conflicts in psychoanalysis.
7. When an attitude changes in a direction opposite to the existing attitude, it is called incongruent change. (True/False)
8. Behaving according to the group norm is called
9. Forceful destructive behaviour towards another person or object is described as
10. Type-D personality is characterized by proneness to __________.
11. What is meant by personal space ? 2
12. Explain the term burnout. 2
13. Explain participant observation. 2
14. What is the difference between groups and teams ? 2
15. What is aptitude ? 2
16. Explain the term hyperactivity.
17. Explain the impact of television viewing on behaviour. 3
18. What are the observational skills required to be an effective psychologist ? 3
19. Distinguish between obsessions and compulsions.
What are specific phobias ?
20. Distinguish between beliefs and values.
21. Explain the strategies for coping with stress.
22. What are projective techniques ? State any two techniques.
23. Explain the humanistic perspective on personality.
24. Explain substance abuse and dependence. Give suitable examples.
25. What are the strategies for handling prejudice ?
26. What are the stages of group formation ? Explain with examples.
What is group polarization ? Explain with examples.
27. Discuss Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences with suitable examples. 6
Discuss the effect of heredity (nature) and environment (nurture) on intelligence.
28. Write in brief about any two therapies that encourage the clients to seek personal growth and actualize their potential. 6
State the techniques used in behaviour therapy. Explain the technique used for treatment of irrational fears.