ICSE Guess Paper
Subject – Mathematics
Class - 10th
1. The marks of 200 students in a test were recorded as follows:
|No. of students||7||11||20||46||57||37||15||7|
Draw the Ogive and use it to find –
(i) the median and
(ii)the number of students who score more than 35% marks.
2. Calculate the mean mark using step deviation method for the following data:
Also state (i) the median class, (ii) the modal class.
3. The daily wages of 160 workers in a building project are given below:
|No. of workers||12||20||30||38||24||16||12||8|
Using a graph paper, draw an ogive for the above distribution.
Use your ogive to estimate:
(i) the median wage of the workers.
(ii) the upper quartile wage of the workers.
(iii) The lower quartile wage of the workers.
(iv) The percentage of workers who earn more than 45 a day.
4. Mr. A. Ramchander has an account with Central Bank of India. The following entries are from his pass book:
Complete the above page of his passbook and calculate the interest accumulated in four months, January to April at the rate of 3.5% per annum. If the interest is added on 30th April, find his balance on that date. 4
5. The following table shows the distribution of the heights of a group of students:
|No of students||8||12||18||22||26||10||4|
Use a graph sheet to draw an Ogive for the distribution.
Use the Ogive to find:
(i) the inter quartile range
(ii) the number of students whose height is more than 168 cm
(iii) the number of students whose height is less than 148 cm.
6. Draw a cumulative frequency curve for the following data :
|No. of students||8||10||22||40||20|