Symbiosis International University is a private co-educational, multi-institutional University located in Pune, Maharashtra, India. The Indian NAAC has conferred an 'A' grade to the University. The first institutions belonging to the Symbiosis Society were established in 1971, and were affiliated to the University of Pune.
In 2002, as part of a larger program to grant autonomy to institutions of academic excellence, the Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred the "Deemed to be University" status on three institutes under the Symbiosis umbrella - the Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) and Symbiosis Society's Law College.
Symbiosis International University has 19 Academic Institutions spread over 9 campuses in Pune, Nashik and Bengaluru. It is host to over 45,000 Indian and International students on campus and over 1,00,000 students off-campus. All these institutes form part of the Symbiosis Society, with the other institutes in the Society being affiliated to various other bodies.Students from about 64 countries are enrolled in its one or the other course.
Admission:Each year, Symbiosis welcomes Indian as well as International Students with great potential, at both undergraduate and graduate level, from all over the globe. Our students are attracted by the chance to study at an internationally renowned university, with a centuries-old reputation for outstanding academic achievement and innovation.
We welcome applications from sincere, responsible and highly motivated individuals.
Entrance Exams SNAP/SETSNAP TEST 2009
Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a common written test for the admission processes of Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University [SIU] established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India.
It is a mandatory written test for admission into any Post-Graduate programme offered by these Institutes. However, it is only the first step. In addition, a candidate has to undergo the selection process of the desired Institute to qualify for the admission to the Post-Graduate programmes of that Institute.
SYMBIOSIS ENTRANCE TEST (SET)
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a common written test for the admission processes of undergraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University [SIU] established as Deemed to be University” under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India. Subsequently ten more Institutes of Symbiosis have been brought under the ambit of Symbiosis International University vide notification No.F.9.12/2006-U.3 (A).
It is a mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes of these Symbiosis institutes. However, it is only the first step. Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process.
Constituent Institutes/Colleges of SIU
(as per notifications)
1. English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis & Symbiosis Institute of Foreign & Indian Languages (ELTIS & SIFIL) - 1971
2. Symbiosis Society's Law College (SSLC) -1977
3. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) - 1978
4. Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR) - 1985
5. Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication (SIMC)-1990
6. Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB) -1992
7. Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development (SCMHRD) -1993
8. Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (For Defence Personnel & their dependents) (SIMS)-1993
9. Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM) - 1996
10. Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT) - 1999
11. Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies - Under Graduate (SCMS-UG)
12. Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) - 2005
13. Symbiosis Institute of Geo-informatics (SIG) - 2004
14. Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID) - 2004
15. Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
16. Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON) - 2007
17. Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) - 2008
18. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management Bangalore Campus - 2008
19. Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)
Symbiosis International University (Deemed University)
Tal-Mulshi, Dist. Pune.
Enquiry: +91 20 39116208
Fax. No.: +91 20 39116206
Web Site: http://www.siu.edu.in