UP Board Important Question
Class – X
Answer any one of the following questions in about 60 words:
1. Give a character sketch of Yudhishthira.
2. Who was Lencho? Why did he write a letter to God? Who received the letter and what did he do?
3. How do you like the character of the postmaster in the story ‘A Letter to God’?
4. Give a character sketch of Lencho.
5. Why does Nehru call the Ganga ‘The river of India’? What did the Ganga remind Nehru of?
6. Why did Nehru want his ashes to be scattered over the field of India?
7. Who was Socrates? What did he teach the people? Why did he become famous?
8. Why was Socrates tried in the court and what happened at the trial?
9. Why was Socrates condemned to death? How did he react to the sentence of death?
10. What test did the old merchant give to his two sons to find out who was the cleverer of them? Why did he want to judge them?
11. What are the different powers and abilities given to us? How can citizens use them to spread light over all parts of our country?
12. How did the people of the villages treat Guru Nanak and Mardana? What did Guru Nanak say about them?
13. How did Tansen prove that his teacher’s music was superior to his own? What reason did he give for it?
14. How did Tansen make his Guru sing? Why do you think this ruse (trick) was so successful?
15. Who was Swami Hari Das? Why did Akbar want to hear him? Why could he not call Hari Das to his court? What did he do then?