UP Board Question Paper 2011
Subject: Chemistry (First Paper)
Class : XII
Set –1 [374(PA)]
(General and Inorganic Chemistry)
(Only for Science Groups and Commercial Groups)
Time: 3 Hours Marks: 35
i. All questions are compulsory. Marks allotted to each question are given in the margin.
ii. Give relevant answers to the questions.
iii. In numerical questions, give all the steps of calculation.
iv. Give chemical equations wherever necessary.
1. In each part of this question four alternatives are given. Select the correct Alternative and write it in your answer book:
a) In the parent nucleus which after the emission of a β-particle gives 12Mg24 will have the number of neutrons?
i) 11 ii) 12
iii) 13 iv) 10.
b) At 250C equal mass of methane and oxygen are mix in an empty vessel. The pressure developed by oxygen will be what part of the total pressure?
i) 1/3 ii) 2/3
iii) 1/2 iv) (1/3) X (233/298)
c) Which group of the quantum numbers is impossible amongst the following?
2. a) Discuss the nature of bonds in HNO3 molecule.
b) What is meant by L = 0? Explain.
3. a) Giving reason explain why halogen acts as an oxidizing agent.
b) What will be possible minimum oxidation number of nitrogen? Give example.
c) Balance the following equation by ion-electron method:
P + OH- → H2PO2- + PH3 + H2O.
4. 1.26 g of a dibasic acid was dissolved in water and the volume was made 200 ml. 20 ml of this solution required 30 ml of N/15NaOH solution for complete neutralization .Find out the equivalent Weight and molecular weight of the acid .
[Na = 23, O=16, H=1] -
5. a) In each part of this question four alternatives are given. Select the correct alternative and write it in your answer-book:
x) Which one is acidic in the following?
y) The formula white lead is
i) Pb(OH)2 , PbCO3
ii) PbOH2, 2PbCO3
iii) 2Pb(OH)2 , (CH3COO)2Pb
b). Giving equation write the test of lead radical by K2CrO4 in the laboratory.
c). Write the method for the separation of a mixture of Helium Neon.
6. a) In periodic table, ionization potential in any period generally increases with the increase in the atomic number, but this rule violated at tow places in the table. Which are those places and why does it happen? Explain.
b). In the Mendeleef’s periodic table some elements have been placed in the subgroups B by dividing the original groups. Give the reason for placing these elements in the subgroup B of periodic table on the basis of their electronic configuration.
c) White phosphorus and sodium, both react easily with air. To prevent this phosphorus is kept in water while sodium is kept in kerosene. Clarify given reason.
7. a). White the main constituents of cement. Clarify the difference between concrete and reinforced concrete and write their use.
b). Write a note on tempering of steel.
8. a). Haw will you obtain the following?
(Give chemical equations only)
i) Gypsum from plaster of paris.
ii) Cuprous chloride from copper sulphate
b). Complete the following chemical equations:
i). 2FeCl3 +2H2O+SO2 → H2SO4+……..+…….
ii) ZnSO4+2NH4OH+H2S → (NH4)2SO4+……+…….
9. a). Given equations, describe Serpek’s process of obtaining Alumina from bauxite. What is the specialty of this process.
b). Give the labelled diagram of the apparatus used in the hoop’s process of Aluminium refining.
c) Write a short note on the froth floatation process of the concentration of ore.
10). Describe with diagram the laboratory method of the preparation of pure Nitrous oxide. Haw does it react with.
i). Kl solution
ii). SnCl2 ?
Give the chemical equations of the related reactions.
Describe with diagram the laboratory method of the preparation of nitric acid. How does this acid react on Cu it.
i) The acid is hot and concentrated?
ii) Cold and dilute? Write equations of all the reactions.
Index UP Board Question Papers 2011